I am a Registered Clinical Counsellor with the BC Association of Clinical Counsellors, with my Masters in Counselling Psychology. I bring with me 15 years of experience and specialize in individual, relationship, and family counselling. I work with people experiencing anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, healing from past trauma, coping with relationship difficulties, emotion regulation/management, stress management, and life style changes.
Sometimes we’re not sure what isn't working for us, but intuitively we know that something is missing. My intention, as a therapist, is to be there for you with a compassionate presence. I will contribute my expertise, to help you, as you move towards your journey of personal growth. I am passionate about helping people and understand the courage it can take to start counselling. Exploring personal issues in a safe and supportive way can be a rewarding and healing experience.
In addition to my private practice, my work history includes experience in the following areas:
- One on one counselling for individuals in distress
- couples counselling and couples education groups
- working with children and youth through schools and group homes
- family therapy through community agencies
- working with families involved through the Ministry of Children and Family Development
- parenting support and facilitating parenting groups
- working with victims of violence
- anxiety and children
- Trained facilitator of the Gottman 7 Principles of How to Make a Marriage Work Program
- Trained facilitator of Pacific Post Partum’s Support Group ModelFor more information on the British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors please visit http://bc-counsellors.org/